Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Kale Chips recipe and Treadmill workout

128 DAYS

  Since I have less than 18 weeks to be in the best shape of my life on a stage, in front of tons of randoms, showcasing my hard work while wearing a bikini (say that 10 times fast), I knew I needed to make a few diet switcheroos.  I am cycling my carbohydrates and fats based on the muscle group that I am training that day.  And I guess I should lay off my heavy use of avocado and peanut butter.  Sad face to the max.

 Meal 1: 7am- 4 egg whites cooked with Olive oil Pam, 1/2 cup kale, 1/4 avocado, 1 tbsp reduced sugar ketchup, black coffee, scant 1/4 cup oats, 2 strawberries, 1/2 banana. Supplements: multivitamin, bioastin, calcium
 Meal 2: 9am- 3/4 cup 0% Greek yogurt, 1/2 banana. 10:15-11:15- taught Pilates, didn't track calories burned
 Meal 3: 1200- 1/2 small sweet potato, boiled & mashed with 1 scoop vanilla whey protein, 1 packet truvia and pumpkin pie spice
 Meal 4: 2pm- 1 can tuna packed in water and 1 egg white cooked with olive oil served with 1 tbsp RS ketchup and 1/2 cup kale
 Meal 5: 4pm- 1 cup 0% Greek yogurt, 1 tbsp sugar free strawberry preserves (whoops), 1 chocolate rice cake. Supplements: 3 scoops pre-workout
430-700: Chest/triceps/plyo/sprintervals. 600+ calories burned
 Meal 6: 8pm- tilapia, 2 tbsp diced green pepper, 1/4 diced tomato, KALE CHIPS. <3 they totally deserve an Internet heart. Supplements: pyruvate, biotin

  My motivation is high and I am pushing myself to failure during my workouts.  I read something by Layne Norton today that I shall paraphrase:  "I'm here because I love this and in 18 weeks I'm going up against some of the best competitors in the world...if I can't do this, I don't deserve to win."  
Mr. Norton put me in a competitive mindset for the rest of the day.  Of course, the competition I am entering is a non-qualifier against other first-timers, but I'm going to train as if I'm going to be stepping out on stage with the pros.


Treadmill workout:
Minutes                  Activity
1                              3.0 mph 3% incline
2                              3.0 mph 7% incline
3-5                           3.5 mph 7% incline
5-6                           3.5 mph 10% incline
6-7                           5.0 mph 2% incline
7-8                           20 squat jumps, 5.5 mph 2% incline
8-9                           20 squat jumps, 6.0 mph 2% incline
9-10                         20 squat jumps, 6.5 mph 2% incline
10-11                       20 squat jumps, 7.0 mph 2% incline
11-12                       20 squat jumps, 7.5 mph 2% incline
12-13                       20 squat jumps, 8.0 mph 2% incline
13-15                       4.0 mph, 10% incline
15-16                       4.0 mph, 15% incline
16-20                       6.0 mph, 1% incline

  Then lay down in your puddle of sweat.

  There is a giant bag of kale in my refrigerator and I have been eating it with almost everything due to all of its health benefits: its dark green leafy veggie goodness is extremely high in vitamins K, A and C.  Today I saw a recipe for "Kale Chips."  I'm a fan of weird recipes-tried it, and then made it even healthier.  I'll go ahead and brush off my shoulders now.  The original recipe called for 2 tablespoons of Olive oil and parmesan.. pff, c'mon.      

I'm a personal trainer, not a photographer.
Kale Chips recipe:
Preheat oven to 280* (temperature may vary depending on your oven)
Pile 2 bunches of kale onto a baking sheet
Spray liberally with Olive oil spray. Sprinkle Mrs. Dash or other salt-free seasoning of choice all over it.
Bake for 20 minutes or until crispy.
Indulge. Just let it happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment