Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 129. It was a day. A shoulder day.

Morning Cardio Motivation
5am: WHO INVENTED ALARMS
  • Meal 1: 5:30-4 egg whites, 1 baby red pepper, 1/2 cup kale, like an entire bottle of reduced sugar ketchup...listen it's 5am, I'm eating egg whites, and I couldn't find the avocado, ew. 1/4 cup oats, 1 teaspoon whole flaxseeds, 1/2 banana, about 1/2 tablespoon natural pb. Supplements: multivitamin
  • 7-8: taught spin class. Supplements: 1 scoop preworkout. Burned 415 calories
  • Meal 2: 800- 1 scoop whey, 1 medium apple.
  • 9:15-10:15- Strength/Core/Cardio class. Supplements: 2 scoops preworkout. Burned 530+ calories.
  • Meal 3: 11- 12 whole raw almonds

1130-1245- Shoulder workout. Burned 266 calories 

  This is my shoulder workout for the last 3 weeks. 
5x 25,20,18,12,10: OH DB press superset DB Upright Row
5x 25,20,18,12,10: DB lateral raise superset Unilateral cable lateral raise
2x20: OH DB press superset Reverse DB fly
2x20: DB lateral raise superset DB front raise
5x 25,20,18,12,10: Pec Deck Reverse fly superset bench supported DB reverse fly
5x 25,20,18,12,10: DB front raises superset Cable front raises
2x20: DB lateral raise with arms at 90* superset with unilateral DB swing.

Of course I added like a zillion and a half extra reps to burn out the muscle and I skipped rope between my first 10 sets. Needless to say that brushing my hair is currently not an option.

  • Meal 4: 1:15- 1 can tuna packed in water, 1 egg white, 1/2 cup kale, 2 tbsp reduced sugar ketchup, 1/4 avocado, 1 chocolate rice cake, 1 tbsp peanut butter.
  • Meal 5: 400- 2 plain salt free rice cakes, 1 tbsp pb, 1 tbsp sf strawberry preserves, 1/4 avocado, 2oz turkey breast.
  • Meal 6: 730- about 6 veggie sticks, 3 tbsp plain hummus, 1 turkey burger, 1 cup mixed veggies, 1 tbsp reduced sugar ketchup, 1 tbsp spicy mustard. Supplements: 1 bioastin, 1 calcium, 5 biotin, 1 L-Lysine. 
I promise I tried to take a picture of my dinner. It just went too quickly. When it's feeding time, it's feeding time.

  Since I am pretty far away from my show date, I am not being too strict with my condiments and sodium levels and I'm also still eating carrots which I will avoid after about 6 weeks until show.  Fortunately, my body is responding very quickly and its appreciating lifting objects that weigh more than it does. 

  My body is super duper extra sore and my left glute definitely slowed me down to get up the stairs to type this. Sore is sexy, sexy hurts and I did glutes on Sunday...It's Tuesday.  That's what we call DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness), which simply means the muscle has been damaged (that's actually a good thing!) during exercise and now its tender due to repair. Sweet and tender.

ONE MORE DAY DOWN. 128 TO GO!

Time to drink some tea, plan tomorrow's Pilates class, watch some mindless TV, and sleep!
Love, peace & chicken grease.
-Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment