Monday, January 13, 2014

I have returned! And I am 18 weeks out from my first bikini competition!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
This is my return post, so we don't need the negative deets, but I would just like to touch on the topic of happiness.
In 2013, I was extremely unhappy.  I felt like all of the things I worked for in the past had either dissolved or had been lost.  My confidence was at an all time low and my weight was at an all time high.  I chose to keep myself at a distance from people and I lost touch with a good number of people.  Despite my background in health and fitness, I would find myself baking "healthy" desserts and then inhaling all of them single-handed.

Around Thanksgiving I finally decided it was time to snap out of it and get back to business. I started to exercise as hard as I used to and I began to clean up my diet. I knew I needed to attach myself to a goal. Bodybuilding. When I was 20, I worked for a professional bodybuilder, I was training clients 12-15 hours daily at my first PT job, and my life was incredibly structured. I ate a lot of chicken and a lot of egg whites. My body was as hard as a statue and people would follow me around the grocery store to see what was in my cart. I started to train for my first Figure competition in November 2010. I wasn't sure what I was doing. I hired a coach who started prepping me for Southern States. I was four weeks out from show and I just hopped off the stairmaster at 8am and waited outside of the ice cream store until 11 when it opened.  I was sick.  My body shut down and I ultimately ended up forfeiting my chance to compete.

This past Christmas, my best friend, Kim, mentioned to me that she was interested in competing in 2014. I immediately grabbed a pen and a paper and I started to structure her workouts and her competition diet. We pinky swore and kissed on it. We found our 2014 show that would give us enough time to be completely stage ready. May 24th in Tampa, Florida.


We are currently 18 weeks out from show. I will be posting all of the nitty gritty details including my sleeping patterns, diet, my workouts, my stress, how amazing I feel, supplements, bikini shopping, all the way down to show time when I look like a super lean circus freak.
Stay tuned :)

Monday, January 13. Feeling very energetic & lean today.
Meal 1: 730- 4 egg whites, 1/4 haas avocado, 1 cup black coffee. Supplements: multivitamin
Meal 2: 930- 3/4 medium banana. Supplements: 1 scoop preworkout
Taught spin class 10:15-11:15, taught stretch class 11:15-11:45
Meal 3: 12:45- 1 can albacore tuna packed in water, 1/2 cup kale, 1 egg white, 2 tbsp reduced sugar ketchup, 1 chocolate rice cake, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter. Supplements: 1 Calcium Pyruvate, 1 BioAstin, 3 biotin.
Meal 4: 1300- 1 plain salt free rice cake, 1 tbsp natural pb, 1 tbsp sugarfree strawberry preserves, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cinnamon tea, 1 packet truvia, 1 scoop vanilla whey.
Meal 5: 1600- 4oz chicken, 8 whole raw almonds
Meal 6: 1900- 4 oz chicken, 15 whole raw almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment