Friday, May 24, 2013

Banana Bread Muffin Recipe

This morning I wanted to make some kind of quick banana muffin. This is what I came up with! 

Banana Bread Muffin
In a mug, mash 1/2 of a banana really well until smooth. Add 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 tablespoon flaxseed (these give the "bread" texture to oats), and 1 egg white. Mix well! Press blueberries into the center of the mixture, and cover so no blueberries can be seen (optional if you don't like cooked berries).
Microwave for 60 second increments to make sure the mixture doesn't overflow or explode or any of that craziness. Mine took 3 minutes, but microwaves vary and I didn't want my "muffin" to be too moist. 
If you prefer a moist muffin, be my guest.
Flip your mug over onto a plate and your Banana Bread Muffin should slide right out! 
Top with natural peanut butter, Greek yogurt, the rest of the banana & blueberries. Enjoy!

Send or tag me in pictures to show me how yours came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment