Sunday, May 5, 2013

Meet your new trainer...ME!

Allow me to introduce myself.  I'm Meghan.
When I was 19, my Hannukah gift from my father was a membership to an all womens gym in South Brooklyn. Every day at 4pm when my last class ended, I would physically run to the train to make sure I got to the gym by 5 and took every fitness class until 7, four days a week.  I read every fitness magazine.  I started to make healthier food choices.  I strived to be MY best.  I strived to look and feel MY best.  I worked hard in the gym and I worked hard in my dance classes.

Soon enough, everyone around me was coming to me for workout advice!  This made me feel accomplished; I had gone above and beyond my goal.  I wanted to be confident in my answers, so I asked my favorite personal trainer at the gym how she turned fitness into a career.  She talked to me for an hour about the fitness industry, spilling the details on the good the bad & the ugly of the fitness world, which I am still reminded of today.  I earned my first certification just months later.  I was Meghan Triton, the 19 year old Certified Personal Trainer and I was determined to make sure everyone in my line of vision was on their way to feel the same happiness that I had found through my new healthy lifestyle.

When I moved back to Florida, I was offered my first training job while doing leg extensions in the gym.. again, making me realize that I had really struck gold with this new life of mine!  During my interview, my soon-to-be manager said to me "Meghan, you are clearly in great shape.  But do you know how to get others into great shape?"  I'll be honest with you, his question really infuriated me: I am a personal trainer, of course I know how to get other people in great shape!  Wrong.  It took meeting all kinds of clients with all kinds of goals to learn that not everyone will want to, or even be able to take the same path I took to achieve my level of fitness.  And then I also learned, not everyone wanted to be at my level of fitness!

I have been a personal trainer now for three years and I have learned a lot about disease prevention, general health, body building, weight loss, weight gain, running, nutrition, supplementation, and how to educate.  I can help you reach your goal.  I can help you go beyond your goal.

As part of the human race, I also know what it feels like to lose self control & fall off the wagon, which is what has brought me to create this blog.  I'm going to make the bold choice to share my journey to erase some of my mistakes and return to my happy fitness oasis.  I will post as often as possible about my ups and downs and share my tips and advice on creating the best version of you.  I will sprinkle this blog with workouts, recipes, techniques and secrets.  Enjoy!


-Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment